Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Balloon Magic The Magazine  (Read 7927 times)
Wim

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2007, 01:20:09 PM »

Since the dollar is at an all time low it is for us Europeans very interesting to buy things in the USA (like it has been for Americans during the past decades to buy stuff in Europe)
So I decided to treat myself for Christmas with a subscription of the Qualatex magazine, Balloon Magic. So far, so good.
I downloaded the subscription form and now the fun begins....

It turns out that you cannot add anything on this form (name address etc). A missed opportunity in this information age.  I managed to do it with a few tricks but now comes the really fun part.

It states : Mail or fax payment to.  Mail to where? What is the mail address? Where can I mail this form to, does anybody know?

There is a fax number. As I don't have a fax that is stupid, but OK, I will fax the form to Qualatex. I will go to a copy-shop and pay money since Qualatex has not entered the computer age.
But that phone number,what do I have to dial from Europe? The number on the form says 316-691-6993
Since they seem to think that the whole world is the USA, Australia and Canada they didn't put the international phone number on the form. Well, the last time I made a phone call to the USA was years and years ago, can anybody tell me what to dial? Is it, by any chance, 001-316-691-6993 or do I have to add or remove something from that number?
johnnie-balloonie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »

wim,
       I have a subscription to this magazine, try 316 685 2266 this is for calls outside the USA.

the full address is Balloon Magic the magazine
                         5000 E. 29th St. North
                         Wichita, KS 67220-2111
                         United States of America
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »

Thanks John, that is the address that's on the form. It says " In the USA & ALL OTHER COUNTRIES (Except Australia and Canada) and then that address and the phone number I mentioned. That phone number is a FAX number, I should fax the form to that address.

I assume the number you mention is a normal (voice) phone number. I wanted to fax it to them, therefore I needed an international number. And international numbers starts with a country number. Holland starts with 031, the USA starts with 001. But in Holland you need to remove the next number from the phone number. If my phone number is 01234 56789 then the number you (as being in another country) must dial is 031 1234 56789. The first number after the country number is deleted.
How is that in the USA? Must I dial the country number and then the complete number or, just like here, must I delete a number?

About the mail remark in my opening post, suddenly it hit me. They don't mean sending the form by e-mail but send it with the normal mail (aka snail mail). They really don't live in the computer age, they mean sending it in an envelope! Talking about oldfashion....

Before you know it they want me to send a telex (teletype) Grin  Grin  Grin
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »

I dont have subscription but i bought Balloon Magic, Magazine #30 that includes Santa, Reindeer Hat, Alien, Alien Hitchiker Hat, Snowflake Toss, Dolphin. Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 11:42:26 PM by PrincessTwister » Logged

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
johnnie-balloonie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 08:07:34 PM »

how much do you pay for each mag pt?
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 11:43:41 PM »

I bought from a lady in Singapore @ SIN$10...according to the the mag its USD$7 Tymers..com selling @ USD$6..  thats the only issue i have... Undecided

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
bigPete

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 12:37:24 AM »

Hi there everyone,If you are thinking about getting the balloon magic the magazine go for it I have all 50 magazines. I hope this is helpful. Grin Grin Happy Twisting  Grin Grin take care all..... & you can email balloon magic there too... Grin Grin Grin Grin

(Item #90068)
Pirate, Snail, Dog, Duck, Cow, & More    
(Item #82836)
Ant, Princess Tiara & Wand, Binoculars, Flamingo, Tiger Bracelet, Bullfrog, & More         

(Item #81272)
Baby, Stork, Camelia Flower, Fish, Monkey, Bunny Hat, & More    Balloon Magic - The Magazine #47
(Item #63232)
Horse Costume, Chariot Costume, Spider Costume, Flower Bracelet, Reindeer Hat, Santa Doll, & More    Balloon Magic - The Magazine #46
(Item #63231)
Monkey, Palm Tree, Woven Backpack, Knight Costume, Apple Bouquet, Dinosaur, & More    

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #45
(Item #63230)
Butterfly, Caterpillar Hat, Doodlebug Hat, Frog Hat, Rooster Hat, Elephant, Woven Heart, & More

(Item #63229)
Cruller Flower, Chicken Costume, Baseball Bear, Birthday Boy, Woven Ball, Bunny, Ladybug Hat, & More

(Item #98779)
Reindeer Hat, Santa's Sleigh, Dreidel, Snowman, 646Q Santa, Christmas Tree Costume, Snowman Hat, & More

(Item #98778)
Pig, Bunny, Mouse, Mermaid, Bowling Hat, Exotic Fish, Globe, & More

(Item #98777)
Frog, Monkey, Birdie, Teddy Bear, Kitty, Butterfly Bracelet, Diamond Ring, Turtle, & More

(Item #98776)
Ringmaster, 646Q Tiger, Dragonfly, Penguin Bracelet, Beautiful Bride, & More

(Item #90836)
Woven Race Car, Dog, Lion, Helicopter, Christmas Tree, Dragon Hat, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #38
(Item #90835)
Witch, Raven, Bat, Haunted House, Ghost, Spider, Mummy, Pocket Tiger, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #37
#37*
(Item #90834)
Flower Hat, Clown, Tortoise, Goldfish, Heart Head, Dragon, Penguin, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #36
#36*
(Item #90833)
Octopus, Fish, Frog, Swan, Camel, Yo-yo, Scorpion Hat, Brick Wall Weave, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #35
#35*
(Item #87405)
Birthday Cake Hat, Reindeer, Snowman, Monkey in a Tree, Rabbit in a Hat, Lobster, Flower, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #34
(Item #87404)
Cat, Bat Hat, Cartoon Chicken, Buffalo, Hippo, Giant Stork, & More
   Balloon Magic - The Magazine #33
(Item #87403)
Frog, Canary, Motorcycle, Bride & Groom, Princess Hat, Balloon Jacks Relay, Ghost, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #32
(Item #87401)
Pirate Hat, Parrot, Telescope, Butterfly, Bumblebee, Giant Panda, & More

Balloon Magic-The Magazine #31
(Item #78326)
Awesome Bouquets, Cow, Flamingo Hat, Falcone Link, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #30
(Item #78325)
Santa Claus, Reindeer Hat, Alien, Hitchhiker Hat, Dolphin, & More

Balloon Magic-The Magazine #29
(Item #78324)
Frog, Lily Pad, Umbrella, Woven Baseball Cap, Stonecutter Routine, Rat, Rattlesnake, & More

(Item #78323)
Balloon Origins Routine, Old Lady Routine, Working Together Routine, Happy Heart Routine, 646Q Poodle, Red Bird, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #27
(Item #72585)
Ice Skater, Woven Hang Glider, Balloonicature, Cartoon Balloon Head, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #26
#26*
(Item #72584)
646Q Arch, Woven Pumpkin, Clown Mask, Witch, Black Cat, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #25
#25*
(Item #72583)
Woven Vase, Rosebud, Orchid, Marigold,
Six-petaled Flower, Daffodil, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #24
(Item #72582)
Fairy Wand, Woven Crown, Woven Bird Cage, Illusion Eyes, Centaur, Pegasus, Rubber Ducky, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #23
(Item #48829)
Bubble-chain Reindeer, Bubble-chain Poodle on a Motorcycle, Bubble-chain Crocodile, Bubble-chain Bunny, Bubble-chain Giraffe, Penguin, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #22
(Item #48828)
Cowboy Costume, Hula Costume, Helicopter Costume, Ballerina Costume, Little Devil Costume, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #21
(Item #48827)
Dog on a Leash, Dove, Woven Hot-air Balloon, Peace Symbol Hat, Twin-engine Airplane, Bicycle, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #20
(Item #48826)
Cactus, Scorpion, Donkey, Headphones, Sombrero, Woven Cactus, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #19
(Item #45997)
Rock & Roller, Head & Hat, Whatever, Anything, I Don't Know, Woven Flying Saucer, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #18
(Item #45996)
Tomahawk, Turkey, Flamingo, Fruits & Vegetables, Cornucopia,
& More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #17
(Item #45995)
Grasshopper, Caterpillar, Butterfly, Spider, Chain of Turtles, St. Bernard, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #16
(Item #38549)
Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus,
Brontosaurus,
Rocking Horse,
Triceratops,
Marionette, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #15
(Item #38548)
Farm Tractor, Race Car, Heart Helicopter, Rocket, Dog with a Meatball, Housefly, Monster Truck, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #14
(Item #38547)
Reindeer, Wreath, Woven Champagne Bottle, Woven Champagne Glass, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #13
(Item #38537)
Elephant, Girl, Connector Hats, Motorcycle & Rider, Cowboy on Horseback,
& More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #12
#12*
(Item #36431)
Guitar, Saxophone, Music-Makers, Banjo, Treble Clef & Musical Notes, Bass Fiddle, Clarinet, Cymbals
& Stand, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #11
(Item #36430)
Baby Chick, Shamrock, Big Bunny, Bunny with Carrot, Bunny Ears, Basket, Flowers,
Smile on a Stick, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #10
(Item #36429)
Angel, Star of David, Christmas Tree, Antler Hat, Santa's Hat, Halo & Wings, Snowman, Squirting Flower, Candle, Double Swan Heart, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #9
(Item #36428)
Baseball Pitcher, Baseball Player with Bat, Frisbee, Swirled 260Qs, Golf Club, Bow & Arrow, Football Helmet, Ski Pole, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #8
(Item #36427)
Crab, Dolphin, Sea Horse, Sea Weed & Bubbles, Fishing Rod & Reel, Chef's Hat, Giraffe, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #7
(Item #36426)
Googley Eyes, Hound Dog, Fish, Gargoyle,
Alien Hat, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #6
#6 Autumn
(Item #36425)
Christmas Tree, Snowflakes, Reindeer, Sword, Top Hat, Bow Tie & Necktie, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #5
#5 Summer 1996
(Item #36424)
Parrot, Macaw, Flamingo Hat, Flying Mouse, Vulture, Stork, Palm Tree, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #4
#4 Spring
(Item #36423)
3-Wheeler, Rainbow Race, Chains, Helmet, Earrings, Ring, Corsage/ Boutonniere, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #3
#3 Winter
1995*
(Item #36422)
Tulip, Daisy, Giant Flower, Sunflower, Hummingbird, Cloud, Rainbow, & Grass, Lovebirds in a Heart, Heart Hat, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #2
#2 Autumn 1995*
(Item #85413)
Pumpkin, Bat, Spider, Spider Web, Braids, Witch's Hat, & More

Balloon Magic - The Magazine #1
#1 Summer 1995*
(Item #85412)
Grapes, Penguin, Pacifier, Lobster, 350Q Playhouse, Animal Hat, Balloon Pedestal, & More
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:42:58 AM by mbfloyd » Logged
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 05:22:40 AM »

I've emailed them on three different email addresses (thanks everybody for the email addresses) regarding the question if this is shipping inclusive. No answer....
I don't know, I got more and more the feeling that this is not a professional organization for twisters, only for decorators. If you, as a company, ignore questions from your customers.... that is always a bad thing! Look how much trouble I already have done just to get a simple question answered! Not many customers would be willing to do that.
heymarce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 12:58:18 AM »

Usually to call the US you have to dile 001 and then the phone number, you don't have to take off the first number for the US.  If I am not wrong it is the same for a fax.
Let me know if it worked.
About the shipping, I am guessing it is included since the price changes for other countries, that wouldn't make any sence if you had to add the shipping cost.
I hope I have been helpfool.
Ciao Wim
harold_a_shaver

Big Kahuna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 03:04:07 AM »

Wim,

Contact Tmeyers.com they are pretty quick at getting back to people via email , it is a day before Thanksgiving here and that may delay things a bit.

They have all the back issues of Balloon Magic on sale for $6.00 U.S.  I think that is $4.50 in the Euro ( not sure) I am sure that Tom could work out shipping this way you can pick and choose what issues you get first and stay updated that way.

Making Smiles One Twist At A Time (TM)
Bickers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »

Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 06:20:24 AM »

Bickers, I just received an answer from the email address you provided! This lady was very helpfully and the price for a year is 16 Pounds, like you said. For 3 years its 40 Pounds, I believe (from memory)

@ heymarce, Thanks for the information. I was just wondering because shipping something to Europe will surely be more expensive then shipping to Canada. And the price for a Canadian subscription is higher then the "US and other Countries" subscription.

@ harold. That is about right, $6 is around Euro 4,5. That is the reason why it is so appealing to take a subscription, for years it was way to expensive to order anything from the USA. Not any more.

Thanks everybody for all the good help!
Wim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 02:40:39 AM »

YES!!!
Finally I succeeded! After some problems with my credit card which mysteriously were solved after some emails, I've got an email as conformation that I have a subscription.
They charged $60 for 3 years, shipping included!

@ Bickers: Next issue is March 15, that is what the lady wrote to me in her last email
Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 08:06:28 AM »

Tmyers had the issues on 30% off $4 and change on December 5, part of their weekly specials (usually worth checking out.  I ordered 3 issues but could have  bought a lot more.

Cowgirl
It's Funny Entertainment
"Laughter is my business"
Bickers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 02:14:50 PM »

When was the last issue out? I paid on 17th September and haven't heard anything since - if the next issue is not due til March something is definitely wrong and i should look into it!!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals