Balloon Animal Twisting Forum
October 22, 2014, 03:18:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The balloon animal supply store is closing so i can spend more time on  making videos.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qualatex or Betallic and why?  (Read 3324 times)
sonipez

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2008, 09:17:34 PM »

I'm new to balloon twisting and am curious to know your opinions.  Do you use Qualatex or Betallic?
What's the main difference between the two and why did you choose the brand you use?
Sir. Twistalot

<RYAN>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »

Qualatex ALL THE WAY

of course betallic i cant find in seattle

And victorious in war shall be made glorious in peace
PrincessTwister

Can't Live Without U.. Balloons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 10:43:15 PM »

I use Sempertex/Betallatex .... cos its half the price Qualatex. Quality wise they are the same.

I'm Stranded In A Balloon Castle
http://weblog.xanga.com/MdmTwister
Thelma

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:44:58 PM »

Both.  There is no reason to stick to just one brand. 
The colours are slightly different.  They both do some beautiful colours.
The quality and reliability:  Both have colours that are sometimes unreliable and colours that are good and strong.  I love the sempatex pearl balloons, they are gorgeous and very nice to work with.  The metallic colours can pop if you forget to lightly stretch them through finger and thumb before inflating.  If you remember to give them a little stretch they are good and reliable.  I prefer the shape of the  Qualatex hearts over the Sempetex hearts. 
Length:  Qualatex do 350 balloons and Sempatex to 360 balloons  So with Sempetex you get an extra inch.  I have used both brands for a good length of time so I feel qualified to say they are both good balloons.  If I really did have to choose one brand over the other I would probably say qualatex because they just pip Sempatex on reliability overall.  But there isn't much in it.  I would never go for a cheap brand just because it is cheap.  It ends up costing you dearly in time, it makes you look unprofessional and it costs you more in the long run with more balloons being pulled out of the bag to replace popped ones.   

jake g

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 06:06:36 AM »

I recently started using Betallatex.  I got a couple of what I think were bad bags of Qualatex.  Most of my whites & blacks broke while inflating, and many of those that did inflate, broke while I was twisting them.  I also found that I could buy the B's in single color bags of 50 which cut down on the cost of my less popular colors.  I found the B's thicker skinned which I like, and get less breakage with rough handling.  I noticed that at last Sunday's line, only one kid came back with a broken balloon, which is very unusual.  I do however prefer the colors of some of the Qualatex over the Betallatex, and continue to buy them.
By the way, I always announce that the balloons are guaranteed to break, and if they don't, bring them back when they next see me, and I'll exchange them for ones that do.  (I've been saying it for so long, that I don't know if I picked the line up somewhere, or I made it up.)
gator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:03:45 PM »

I like both, but tend to use Qualatex more.  I recently purchase more Betallatex due to bag sizes and it seems to give a little extra length and less breakage when stretched.
Twysted Kreations & Sonshine D Clown

Board of Directors Meeting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »

While I have both... I seem to lean more toward Betalatex - why?... these balloons are actually longer.
lct

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

I use Qualatex, It was the first brand I used and just have stuck with them.
3Ring
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »

I use Qualatex, It was the first brand I used and just have stuck with them.
Same here.  My problem with Betalatex is that they are too hard to inflate by mouth.  They are thicker, as someone mentioned earlier, and therefore a bit tougher.  I don't have time for pumps when there is a line of kinds in front of me.
Bottlesandbows

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 05:45:02 AM »

I favor Betallic.  Mostly for the extra length,  But I also like the fact that I can invest in smaller bags of colors I won't use as often.  I find them very reliable and a little plus I enjoy is that they come in zippered bags making it easy to store my surplus.  I use Qualatex too for some colors or shapes that Betallic doesn't have or if my supplier is out of that color in Betallic.  Both brands offer great reliable balloons!!!
astragor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 04:40:06 PM »

In france, it's easier to find qualatex than bettallic/sempertex so I originally use them.
Recently I've had the occasion to test sempertex. I think the colour are complementary, and I appreciate particulary Satins and Metallics that don't exist in qualatex.

For the identical color, I prefer use Qualatex (maybe it is because I use them from more long time).

"Let's the dream devour your life so that the life doesn't devour your dream !" (P. Chatel - Emilie Jolie)
My blog
goldenrat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 03:16:57 PM »

for the most part, qualatex but with most of betallex is available in 50 packs rather than just 100.  also, they offer 360's and 660's rather than 350's and 646's.  they also have link-o-loons which i think work better than rounds cause you have two anchor points which work great for bellies, stomachs and filler space. 

Visit my new business site!

www.twistnpaul.com
balloonssg

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 12:29:44 AM »

Its a matter of preference.    If twisters are new to balloon twisting, I definately recommend them betallatex and sempertex.  It is easy to twist sempertex and betallatex balloons as they tend not too create too much of friction when they rub against each other and they cost much cheaper than qualatex.  In Singapore, a bag of sempertex can cost about $8 whereas a bag of qualatex can cost up to $10 to $15 a bag.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Balloon Animals